Skip to main content

For the love of music

You know that moment when you're just sitting in a car or bus, lost in your thoughts and suddenly an old song you used to love comes on. In that moment, every other thing fades into the background of your mind, it's like it's just you and the music. What makes that moment more special is when there's someone else with you who can feel exactly what you feel, it could be a friend, a sibling or even a random stranger. Just knowing that there's someone else who can relate to the music is enough to bring a smile to your face. I'm sure that all of us, at one point or the other in our lives have experienced this unexplainable feeling of ecstasy and nostalgia that music brings.

When I was in secondary school, my music teacher said, "music is a combination of sounds that is pleasant to the ear", I don't think so. I think music is more than just an ordinary combination of pleasant sounds, I think music is magic. I believe music is joy, I believe music is memory.

It is magic in the way a song comes on and you listen to the lyrics and it feels like the singer is talking directly to you, like the song was made just for you. It is joy in the way you're at a party and the beat moves you to dance, not minding who is around you. It is memory in the way a favorite song of yours brings back memories of childhood, a long lost friend or a former lover.
Music is art, music is expression.
Simply put, music is a gift.

Comments

  1. Music is a gift... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music, especially one that speaks to your soul, is bliss, hope , everything.
    And when there is domeoss else to share it with you, it's just epic

    ReplyDelete
  3. well painted, may. music is magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music is a spiritual thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music is art. Reading isn't complete without songs me. Nice one May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Music is indeed art, May.
    And art itself is life.
    So music is life.

    Beautiful piece May.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May ❤️
    Beautiful piece as usual

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wow-ed again, keep it up, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is nice.

    Songs generate such powerful emotions that it's the one thing people with severe forms of brain damage almost never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vincent⚛️Noel16 April 2020 at 18:38

    Yeah ..... Music if fun

    I even read with it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Relationships

Most times, many of us get into relationships, unsure of our emotions or what we really want to gain out of the relationship. We don't really sit down to weigh our present circumstances and how said circumstances would affect our relationships and vice-versa. Most of us, teenagers and young adults, allow ourselves to be swayed and carried by the fast flowing river of our emotions. The resulting effect of these can be seen in the numerous failed relationships many of us get into before even reaching adulthood or maturity. As a result of this immaturity, we also discover that many of us are unable to keep on having a normal functional friendship with our exes, reason being that we never sat down to really define our relationships before rushing into them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's compulsory to continue being friends with your ex after breaking up, but sometimes, the main reason why you find it difficult to continue being friends with your ex is that outsi

Dear Secret Anonymous Crush...

Hi everyone. It's May again. This past week was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. The major problem I had was making up my mind about what to write, which was quickly solved when my crush texted me and now I know, that I don't like missing people. I don't like knowing that I miss someone. I don't do well with the knowledge that I miss someone. There's this squishy, uncomfortable feeling I get in my chest when I realize that I miss someone. It's even harder when I'm fighting it. Distance makes it easy sometimes, because at first, you miss the person so much and you get used to it. You tell yourself that "yes, I've stayed a few days without talking to this person or seeing this person, I can stay a few more, I won't die". It will hurt, yes, but slowly you learn to just be. What I hate most of all, is learning to be without a person, struggling to be without this person, convincing myself that I'm free or that I don't want this pe